There are several hair myths that need to be debunked and stop believing in. The top 16 hair myths that need to be proved wrong with facts are:
- Wash hair daily-If hair is washed every day, it results in loss of natural oils present in the scalp. This makes the hair look greasy.
- Plucking grey hair leads to their multiplication-Instead of multiplication, plucking grey hair results in scalp irritation, which is harmful for the scalp.
- Using same shampoo will not work after some time-Bad hair is not the result of the continuous use of same shampoo. The condition of the hair is based on several factors like changing season, food intake and others.
- Frequent trims make hair grow quicker-Frequent trimming does not make the hair grow faster. However, it is necessary for keeping the hair healthy and even preventing damage.
- Using Cold water results in shiny hair-Cold hair does result in shiny hair but usage of cold water should be kept to minimum. Use lukewarm water every week for circulation in hair follicles.
- Lighten hair colour by exposing them to sunlight-Scalp can be sun-burnt due to excessive exposure to harsh sunlight. It dries out the hair follicles resulting in brittle hair.
- Greasy hair do not require conditioning-Excessive production of sebum leads to greasy hair and ultimately oiliness. Instead of conditioner, apply dry shampoo.
- Do not dye hair during pregnancy-During pregnancy, it is necessary to steer clear of harmful chemicals. In order to be safe, avoid dyeing hair during the first trimester.
- Comb hair from top to bottom-Instead of following this, first comb the ends and then brush the hair at the top.
- Natural texture of hair cannot be changed-Instead hair texture changes due to pregnancy, menopause and several other factors.
- Split ends can be cured with products-Dry and brittle hair leads to split ends. Rather than just products, many things are responsible for such condition of hair that should be mended.
- Over-shampooing is good for hair-Shampooing the hair repeatedly is not recommended. Instead, the repetition should be done if hair is not cleansed on first attempt.
- Brush hair 100 times a day-Over brushing the hair results in friction in scalp. This results in cuticle damage and even breakage. Brushing is good, but not over-brushing.
- Tying the hair up will help reduce dandruff-Instead it helps hide dandruff and not reduce it. It is advised to better use anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Hair grows at the same rate for everyone-The growth of hair depends on several factors and it is different for individual cases.
- Sleep with hair down to make them breathe-Instead it results in tangles and ultimately leads to hair damage.
Registration is closed.