Are you suffering from painful cracks under the soles of your feet? Are you embarrassed to expose your feet to anyone because of the ugly cracks?Cracked heels are a very common problem affecting both men and women alike. It is not very serious in nature, but the cracks can sometimes go deep and cause pain and bleeding.
Causes of cracked heels include:
Lack of moisture,Diabetes,Wrong foot wear,Unhealthy diet,Unhealthy feet hygiene,Dry air, Cold weather,Low humidity level, Aging.
Here is a list of remedies that can help you get rid of those cracked heels in the comfort of your own home, with ingredients available in your kitchen.
This is the simplest method to get rid of cracked heels. You can experiment with different oils and see which one suit you best.
Oils that actually help get rid of cracked heels include:
- Coconut oil,Olive oil,Vegetable Oil,Almond oil,Grape-seed oil
- Once you apply the oil, slip on a pair of old socks and head to bed. Repeat the process daily till your cracked heels disappear.
- This is a very effective treatment and ideal for those with very severe deep cracks. A pack is made of paraffin wax, but if you don’t have it, you can instead use candle wax.
- Heat some mustard oil in a saucepan and add paraffin wax to it. Stir till completely melted. Let it cool a little, else you will land up with burnt skin on your feet.
- It should have a gel like consistency. Apply the pack of paraffin and allow the wax to act overnight, over a pair of socks.
If you have a lot of dead dry skin on your feet, you can try scrubbing them off. Scrubbing also helps prevent it from reoccurring again.
Some effective ingredients for scrubs include:
- Rice flour,Oats,Epson salts
- Soak your feet in warm tepid water. Once the skin is soft, apply the scrub and gently scrub off the dead skin.
- This procedure actually helps improve the circulation in your feet. Massage the paste for a couple of minutes and wash off.
Treat your feet to a relaxing foot pack. Mash up some fruits or vegetables, mixed with honey and surprise!
Here are some ingredients for the packs that nourish your skin with its natural oils and heal you heels:
- Banana,Avocado,Turnip, Honey,Papaya,Tender coconut
- Make a paste of these fruits or vegetables and apply to your feet. Massage for a few minutes then allow to rest as a pack and wash off when dry.
Foot soaks are another relaxing method to get rid of those annoying heel cracks.Soak your feet in warm water.
To this water you can add any of the following to help your feet heal faster:
- Epson salts, Vinegar, Lemon, Glycerin
- Once your feet are soaked for half an hour or so, try using a pumic stone to gently scrub off the dead skin on the soles of your feet.
Do try these natural home remedies to get rid of cracked heels. You will be surprised with the amazing results.