A zit is also known as a pimple or a spot which causes due to surplus oil accumulation in the skin pores. The zit can be treated by various medicines that are usually prescribed by a skin physician or are available at a pharmacy store. There are various reasons of zit or acne; it can set off due to hormonal changes or diet. Excess consumption of oil or fatty food can create zit or acne on the skin. One should get a blood test done to identify the deficiencies in the body. Lack of Zinc and Vitamin can be a major reason for zit. It is always better to check the hormone levels and check if one is suffering from thyroid. Some people also suffer from zit due to allergies like gluten or allergies caused due to consumption of eggs, yeast, and dairy products.
Here are some natural medicines ,which act as zit fighter and help reduce the acne or pimples.
- Coconut Oil – this contains anti fungal and anti bacterial ingredients and helps maintain the moisture content in the skin. It diminishes the redness of the skin and fights bacteria. Coconut oil can be applied to skin twice a week and it does not even choke the pores. Organic and unrefined coconut oil should be used for maximum benefit.
- Tea Tree Oil: The antibacterial tea tree oil is the most powerful remedy for zit. Equal amount of water and tea tree oil should be mixed and applied to the skin or can be applied before wearing make-up.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is an effective exfoliator that helps reduce zit breakout and irritation. Baking soda also diminishes any zit marks or old scar marks on the face. For application, baking soda can be mixed with warm water and applied as a mask and should be washed after 10-15 minutes of application.
- Apple Vinegar : This vinegar includes anti fungal and anti bacterial properties. Mix it with water and the diluted liquid can be applied to face. For maximum benefits, the vinegar should be unfiltered and used raw.
- Egg Whites : Egg whites can be used as a facial mask, as it makes a natural remedy to reduce zit. This decreases the oils in the pores and minimizes the impurities. For healthy, glowing skin separates the egg white from the yolk and use cotton to apply all over the face.
- Ice Cubes: To reduce redness and irritation, use ice cubes on the face, the cold ice obstructs the pores and keeps the germs and bacteria away. The face can be washed couple of times during the day to get the similar effect.
- Aloe Vera : Aloe Vera gel can be applied to the face a couple of times during the day. Application of Aloe Vera from the actual plant gives better result as it comes without any artificial ingredients.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch is gentle on the skin and can be applied on the separate breakout areas or zits. It can sometimes be applied overnight and washed away in the morning for best results.
To reduce the zit, some ingredients which can be consumed are nuts, green tea, berries, fish oil, turmeric, green leafy vegetables and anything which supplies Omega-3 to the body.