Menopause is the stage of life, when menstrual cycle becomes irregular and after some time, it stops completely. This stage occurs generally in the 40 to 45 age. It is not a disease, but most women face some hormonal changes during this stage. During these hormonal changes, women put on extra weight, suffer from fatigue and irritation.
If you exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes a day, 2 or 3 times in a week, this will definitely reduce the Menopause symptoms. Healthy diet with stress management techniques may help avoid some symptoms. Yoga will help you overcome the problems related to menopause. Yoga helps you to cope up with these symptoms and makes you feel relaxed. Certainly, looking at this stage in a positive way and accepting facts can help you move smoothly.
Here are some yoga poses that will help you to improve and relieve symptoms of Menopause.
- Downward Facing Dog Pose-Lie down on your knees. Keep distance between hands with fingers spread. With the exhale, press the hands on the floor and lift your butt upwards, towards the ceiling. Make sure to straighten the legs, so that your body looks like as the dog stretching. Keep your head between the arms. Breathe smoothly. Stay in this position for some time with holding the breath. After that, come down to original position. This pose helps to increase the blood flow to the brain. It tones your uterus. Circulation to pelvis get improved by doing this pose. The important thing is that it helps to ease the hot flashes.
- Upward Facing Dog Pose-Lie face down with top of feet pressing into the mat. Make sure to place hands near to chest with elbows near to the body with fingers spread. Inhale and lift your hips and torso from the floor with straightening the arms. Press your hands down when you lift your body. Breathe smoothly. Exhale and lower down the body to the floor.
- Bridge Pose-Lie down flat on the mat. Then fold the knees and make sure your feet comes near to your butt. Keep the arms straight and near to your body. Press the feet and with inhale slowly lift the spine upward. Make sure to raise the pelvis as high as possible. Stay in this position for some breaths. Then exhale and slowly come down to original position.This pose helps to balance the blood pressure.
- Healing Breath-Sit relaxed on the mat. Inhale slowly and then exhale. Repeat it for 10 times.
- Legs Up the Wall Pose-Sit on the floor near to the wall. Then back down with the help of your forearm and elbow. Then take your both legs on your wall. Stay for 10 minutes.
It is observed that the women who did the yoga got benefits and their Menopause symptoms got relieved and they felt relaxed. Mediation sessions help you get rid of hot flashes. Along with exercise, healthy diet is also necessary to deal with Menopause. It will be beneficial if you get prepared for menopause as early as possible. Regular exercise program with proper diet certainly helps you deal with Menopause problems.