Menstrual cramps are common during the monthly period cycle. Primary dysmenorrhea is a common type of menstrual cramp. These cramps occur when the womb flushes unwanted tissue and blood out of the body. The symptoms of menstrual cramps vary from person to person. Some may have serious abdominal pain, while others may experience lower back pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, bloating, headaches, and loose stools. Prostaglandins are contraction-causing hormones that form in the lining of the uterus and are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Secondary dysmenorrhea is a severe form of menstrual cramp that occurs due to an underlying disease such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, adenomyosis, abnormal pregnancy, infection, polyps, or tumor in the pelvic cavity. Let us know about the best juice to drink during periods to overcome or control menstrual cramps.
Handy Tips to Reduce Menstrual Cramps
- Heat bags can reduce menstrual cramps. Hot water bags or raw rice-filled bags, when heated at a mild temperature, can soothe abdominal cramps or lower back pain.
- A gentle massage in the abdominal or lower back with any preferred essential oil or coconut oil will ease the pain.
- Chamomile tea acts as a natural sedative and helps in relaxing the body and giving some sleep through the pain.
- Fenugreek seeds help with reducing bloating and keeping us hydrated. A tablespoon of fenugreek seed when consumed with warm water relieves abdominal cramps.
- Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that remove toxins from the body. Either add dry ginger powder or a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to warm water and drink twice a day.
- Sesame oil contains linoleic acid, a natural pain relief compound. When applied to the lower abdomen, it gives relief from menstrual cramps.
Best Juice To Drink During Periods
Carrots and beetroot contain iron, which is necessary during periods because the body becomes weak due to the outflow of blood. These two vegetables are energy providers and regulate menstrual flow. Pineapple is rich in bromelain, which regulates blood flow and also relieves muscle pain. It is the best juice to drink during periods.
Best Period Comfort Food
|Rich in omega-3 and contains vitamin B6 which helps with breast tenderness|
|Iron is present in large amounts in kale and spinach|
|Rich in potassium and help in constipation|
|A fantastic source of protein and contains vitamin D & E|
|Unsalted or low salted peanut butter contains magnesium and prevents bloating.|
Salty foods, red meat, caffeine, sugar, and alcohol are the foods to avoid during period cramps as it can cause excess bleeding and discomfort.
Is Milk Good for Period Cramps?
Yes. They are a great source of calcium, and calcium is found to ease menstrual cramps.
Period Food Cravings List
Craving certain foods before or during periods is because of the hormonal changes that take place in our body. Every woman has their own personal craving list. Some crave carbs because their bodies produce serotonin, while others crave coffee because of their low dopamine level. Sometimes the stress hormone cortisol makes them crave fried, fatty, and oily foods.
Registration is closed.