If you want to add that extra bit of love in your gifts to your loved ones, nothing can beat making them at home, crafted by your own hands.Personalized gifts not only add that extra touch of love, but also help in saving that extra buck.
Here is a list of the top 5 homemade gifting ideas for your loved in the comfort of your own home:
- Everyone enjoys a scrupulous muffin or a cookie. If you are a master chef in the kitchen, whip up a batch of your favorite cakes or cookies, wrap them in fancy paper or stack them in baskets. It is a gift no one can hate. The way to a man’s (women too) heart is through his stomach.
- You can even gift homemade jars of preserves or spreads. Be creative and it’s sure to be a winner.
- You can impress your friends and family by making them exquisite handcrafted Christmas ornaments to decorate their Christmas trees.
- Theses homemade ornaments can range from hand painted pine cones to Styrofoam ornaments.
- If you are good at sewing, then you can probably sew your friends personalized clothes or clothing accessories like ties, gloves or even monogrammed cushion covers.
- So pick up those needles and start ahead to knit those gloves or scarves.
- For kids you can even make handmade teddies that will be treasured by them for the years to come.
List of knitted or stitched gifts you can try your hand at include:
- Scarves and gloves
- Personalized pillow covers or sheets
- I-pod or laptop covers
Personal Care Products
- Personal Care Products made as excellent gifts for both men and women alike. You take your pick on whether you want to make soap, scrubs, lotions or shampoos.
- The best part is that you can customize the gift to suit the fragrance and color liked by your friends and family.
- All raw materials to make these products are readily available in the market.
- Remember that if this is your idea of gifting, start early so that you have time for trial and error.
- So go ahead and surprise your friend with that jar of homemade chocolate body scrub that smells good enough to eat.
Cards or Family story book
- Cards are a time tested gift that is still being followed. With the age of computers, some people have shifted to sending e-cards. But nothing can beat the old paper cards, which you can keep hidden in a box under your bed forever.
- If you are creative then write a story based on the events that happened between friends and family in the past year and illustrate the pages with photographs and drawings. You can send a copy to everyone in the family.
I hope you have decided what to gift your loved one this Christmas after reading these ideas.
Written by: Rasha Ashraf
Registration is closed.
Leave a Reply