Do you have a box of unused tarnished silver jewelry lying in your drawer waiting to be polished?Do not spend money on unnecessary expensive silver polishes when you can get the same results with a few ingredients found in your own kitchen.
What you need:
- Boiling Water – 1 cup
- Vinegar – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Aluminum Foil – 1 sheet
- Baking Soda – 1 tablespoon
- Polishing cloth – 1
- Line a glass dish with aluminum foil, with the shiny side up.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt all over the foil sheet.
- Pour in the vinegar.
- Mix well, till all the dry ingredients are dissolved.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Drop the silver jewelry in the dish one by one, until fully submerged.
- Allow to rest for a minute or two.
- Remove from the dish and wipe clean with the polishing cloth.
- In most cases the tarnish does come off. But in case it doesn’twlle, repeat the process a couple of times.
- Do not use this method to clean silver jewelry with stones in it.
- Do not use this method for oxidized silver, as it will remove the antique finish.