Food items that help your nails grow faster and stronger
Let’s get this straight. Nails are not alive! As a matter of fact nails and hair are dead cells of our body. The growth that we actually see is that of our body pushing out the dead cells and tissue out of the cuticle to make room for new cells.
Our diet reflects on our fingernails. So if your body has not been getting the right amount of nutrition that it requires, then it is very likely that the same is shown in your nails by being brittle or discolored.
But kick out all those worries. A healthy diet, with all the required minerals and vitamins can let you have healthy nails in no time. Protein is the
Here are some super foods to include in your diet to make your nails healthy again:
- Nails are made up of keratin, a protein. So by increasing our protein intake we can safeguard our nails.
- There is no better food than egg that has high protein content. So eat those eggs not just for your nails but for the overall health of your body.
- Salmon contains protein that promotes the growth of collagen in the body that in turn promotes nail and hair growth. It is also rich in vitamin D that is good for the bones, nails and our skin.
- Salmon is also rich in Omega-3 and other fatty acids that is great for our skin and nail growth.
- Calcium in milk helps keep the nails healthy. So to avoid dry and brittle bones, skin and nails, drink a few glasses of milk a day and see the difference. Supplement calcium intake with vitamin D enriched food, so that the calcium is fully absorbed.
- Spirulina is an algae found in the sea. As a matter of fact, Spirulina is ranked number one in terms of highest protein content in a food. It contains chlorophyll and encourages growth of our hair, skin and nails.
- Beans are a great source of biotin, a type of vitamin B that is essential for nail health. Don’t forget to include them in your diet to strengthen your nails.
- Coconut oil has therapeutic properties. Its fats help in improving metabolism and nutrition absorption. Coconut oil this helps in easy absorption of vitamins and minerals from the food.
- Chicken is a high protein dish that also contains vitamin B and zinc. Protein is essential to let your hair and nails grow in a healthy manner. SO don’t forget to include a lean piece of chicken in your daily diet.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc that helps the body in processing all that protein we consume. Zinc deficiency can show immediate results on your nails, such as brittle or broken nails.
- So anytime you feel that your nails need some extra vitamins or minerals; don’t forget to pop a packet of pumpkin seeds in your mouth.
Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
- Spinach is a power packed vegetable. It contains a mixture of minerals and vitamins, including lots of protein. Folate and vitamin A in spinach acts as an antioxidant and also promote nail and hair growth.
- Almonds are rich in magnesium that are said to be good for strong and healthy nails.
Include the food items mentioned above and see the difference they make on your hair and nails, after regular consumption.