A Workout is an inseparable part of new modern day woman’s life schedule. Health conscious women of all age groups and nationalities have adopted new lifestyle, cogent with extant environs. Workouts at home, at the gym or in groups are very much in vogue. Twenty minutes of aerobic activities per day is the norm for adults. If the aerobic activity is vigorous, then the time is generally halved. However, the time period after a satisfying workout is most crucial. Most people, swaying in freshly acquired feel good mood, invariably tend to overeat. This is exactly the spot to show red flag.
Many complaining voices are heard, about the failure of workout sessions. For them weight loss is simply not seen on weighing scales, in spite of sweating out in gyms. The simple reason in such cases is that more calories are consumed after workout, than what was just shed offs. The whole process of burning calories, losing fat is eluded, just because of consumption of rich food or large portions in the end. There are ways to resist the temptation. Few tips would help followers of workout regimen, in such eventualities.
- Schedule Positioning: The simplest way to avoid overeating is placing the time schedule of workout just before meals. This way, the possibility of consuming an extra snack after workout is avoided. This idea can work very effectively, regardless of workout time. If the exercise is scheduled during morning hours, a small snack before workout can be taken, but subsequent food intake must be in the form of a full meal.
- Drinking Water: Food enthusiasts would do well to drink enough water after workout. Intake of water reduces the space available in stomach for food, thereby eliminating chances of overeating. Consumed water also compensates fluids lost during workouts. A word of caution here. Drinking excessive water may not exactly serve the intended purpose of reducing appetite. It can lead to water intoxication because of reduced salt levels in the body.
- Eating Proteins: The choice of food intake after exercises is to be thoughtfully done. Eating enough proteins is one simple way out. Satiety levels are increased through consumption of good quantity of protein food. Gut hormones are stimulated by proteins to create the feeling of a full stomach. The resultant effect is a general reduction in appetite, which eventually diminishes chances of overeating. The fair use of eggs, milk, whole grains, beans, nuts and the similar protein rich material would be of sure help.
- Fiber Intake: Most dieticians have concurred on the importance of fiber intake. A good intake of fiber rich food will ensure the feeling of full stomach with fewer calories. Women are advised to have 20 to 25 grams of fiber every day. Individual choices can vary as per season, availability and liking. Bran of wheat, rice, corn is a good source of dietary fiber. Inclusion of beans, berries, whole grains, green vegetables, nuts and seeds in the daily diet would provide essential amounts of fiber. Through consumption of requisite fiber, chances of overeating would vanish.
- Evaluation Process: Everyone, who is practicing workouts, has to pause a while and evaluate the results of the efforts. Analyzing gains can give better insight of the process. Thinking over missed opportunities can be of help in planning afresh.
Individuals can have own novel ways of shunning overeating. Thinking process will ensure that every step will lead to the final goal.