A road trip with family can be quite fun and memorable and you should undertake it once in a while. Such a trip is a great time to bond with each other and make some memories that can be cherished for a long time. You learn on the way, you speak to each other more and the best thing about a road trip with family is that you all are spending so much time together.
At the same time, road trips can be quite taxing too, if you do not plan it well. Since there will be kids with you, it is better to make a well detailed plan and note down each and every thing. Make a list, make notes and even better, maintain a diary of what to do and what not to do, and what to be carried.
Here are few suggestions on what things you need to carry on your family road trip to make the trip easier, happier and memorable:
- First-aid kit: This is one of the most important components for a road trip. The first-aid kit should, apart from its usual contents, also have medicines for fever or allergies or stomach disorders. This does not mean you should by all the over the counter medicines but consult your doctor and ask for suggestions on such medicines. Your kids’ doctor too will advise what medicines to carry for your children.
- Chargers: Your phone chargers are a must. After all, for a trip, a phone is the most important necessity. If you are carrying your net book or laptop, then ensure that their charges are also in your bag.
- Cleaning items: Hygiene is an important factor, inside or outside your home. So carry wet tissues, tissue papers, hand sanitizers, hand wash, face wash, soap etc. If you wish to teach your child to respect his environment, then you should practice it first. Never throw litter from the car. Carry a garbage bag or a grocery bag to dispose waste and discard it in a proper dust bin you encounter on the way.
- Something to munch on: You never know when your kids will feel hungry again. So always carry something to munch on. Avoid chocolates since they can melt and create havoc. Junk food is also a no-no for it can cause car sickness for some. The best option would be cereals, crackers, baby carrots or fruits such as apple or grapes.
- More: Other things that should be on a road trip with you and your family are games for children, flashlight, camera, washing detergent, comfortable shoes and clothes that are comfortable and practical. Pillows and blankets too should be on the list.
A road trip can bring in unseen circumstances, and you may not be prepared for all. But by following the above, you are at least ready for a usual routine and thus ready to enjoy the trip with your family. You may not be able to carry the whole house with you but with the main important things, you can be assured of a hassle free and enjoyable trip.