There are perhaps very few people on this planet who are not concerned about their looks. For the rest of us, our appearance is part and parcel of our personalities. Proper diet is the important factor to have a healthy and glowing skin. You probably use cosmetic appliances on your skin to make it soft, younger and pretty. But true beauty should come from within each of us and there is no way that chemicals can ensure that. What you need is a healthy life-style and it starts with having a habit of consuming a healthy diet. It should include regular consumption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals which would keep you and your skin nourished from within. A balanced diet can tip the scales in your favour immensely in this regard.
These are some vital foods and drinks that should top your diet-chart. Here is some of the diets that can keep your skin healthy
- Keeping your skin hydrated is very important. The best way to do that is to drink lots of water. Water flushes the toxins out of your skin. Green-tea is also a vital drink as it is full of anti-oxidants which act as a natural sun-screen. It also helps increase body metabolism that helps with regard to burning more calories, thereby dissolving the excess fat stored on the body.
- Foods that are enriched with anti-oxidants should be a vital part of your daily diet.
- Vitamin E is an anti-aging nutrient and anti-oxidant which keeps the skin young. Pumpkin seeds, almonds and nuts should be consumed as these have adequate levels of vitamin E.
- A certain fatty acid called Omega 3 is a key nutrient for the nourishment of the skin. It keeps the skin smooth and prevents inflammation of skin. This type of fatty acid is found in all types of cold water fishes including Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, and Trout etc. Salmon contains Selenium as well which is also good for the skin. There are other types of fatty acids which are healthy for the skin too. For example the Omega 6 fatty acid is a case in point. It replenishes skin and can be found in peanut butter and Avocados.
- Another type of anti-oxidant is Lycopene which protects the skin from UV rays. Tomatoes are full of it and hence it is an important food in the diet chart.
- Vitamin C is also an anti-oxidant which gets rid of free-moving radicals in the body, preventing wrinkles and lines to appear on the surface. Oranges are rich in Vitamin C. Strawberries are also full of vitamin C.
- Keeping your immunity system healthy is also necessary. No better way to do that than to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables such as blueberries, beans etc
- Vitamin K and Zinc are two important nutrients which help the skin with regard to repairing itself. Zinc is also known for being an anti-acne mineral. Oysters are rich with it.
- To maintain the balance of pH levels in your skin, you should consume foods containing beta-carotene. Sweet potatoes are an important source of the same.