For most of us, cleaning can be a real chore. First of all do not start the process of cleaning with a negative mindset. Studies have proven that the state of mind and emotions we feel while doing a task has a direct relation to the quality of the work done.
Number One: Do not think of it as a chore.
Number Two: Try making cleaning fun.
Here are some tips to make cleaning fun:
- Play music-Play loud music while you do your chores. Don’t hesitate to break into a dance while you sweep or vacuum. So hit the volume button and get into the groove.
- Make a game out of it-Involve your entire family, husbands and kids included. Assign a specific set of chores for everyone in the household and whoever finishes their tasks first get to be the House Queen or King. Don’t forget to hand out prizes as a motivation for the kids.
- Think of it as a workout-Household chores require a lot of energy. So don’t fret about not being able to head out to the gym. Instead vent all your energy in cleaning activities and burn fat. At the end of the day don’t be surprised of the number of calories you have burnt by just cleaning the house.
- Switch on the Telly-Distract yourself from the chores by doing them with the television on. You can always use the time between commercial breaks to move outside and do other stuff. Nothing can be more fun can folding clothes or ironing while watching reruns of friends.
- Talk to a friend-Women sure know how to multi-task. So don’t hesitate to catch up with your friend on the phone while you carry on with your household chores.
At the end of the day, don’t forget to treat yourself for all the hard work that you do at home. Figure out new ways to keep you hooked to cleaning while having fun at the same time.