Breast cancer is the abnormal growth of cells that are present in the breast. The milk producing glands in the breast called as the lobules are mainly the cause of growing the cancer cells. These lobules are the passage that passes the milk to the nipples. Genetic problems are always the cause of the breast cancer. But there are 5% to 10% cases, in which the breast cancer is caused due to abnormality from the mother or father. Human Beings and other mammals face breast cancer. Mainly, it is seen in women but this cancer can also be seen in men.
If a person is detected with breast cancer, it is not that person’s fault. There is no need to feel guilty about it. Breast Cancer cannot happen because you did something wrong. Instead of feeling guilty, you should go to your doctor and get treated as fast as possible. The treatments are widely available for this cancer. Treatment can include surgery, chemotherapy, medications, radiations, immunotherapy and hormonal therapy. Symptoms can be seen like:-
- A lump or a thick tissue.
- Shape of the breast changes.
- Swelling or lump in the armpits.
- Pain in the breast or armpits.
- The appearance of the nipple changes
There are a few steps than can be followed to prevent breast cancer:-
- Diet plays a vital role in our everyday life. Eat small meals daily. Include fresh fruits and vegetable in your daily food. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels, leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and sprouts, carrots, berries, tomatoes and cherries. It is said that food that gives heat destroys cancer cells.
- Exercise should be included in the daily routine. Many researchers have proved that exercise protects the cells from growing. Walking and aerobics can help a lot.
- Alcohol is a major risk that can cause breast cancer.
- Consumption of fats in your food can cause a complication in your breast cancer. You have to include omega 6 fats like sunflower oil, corn, cottonseed oil and safflower oil, Omega 3 fats that you can get from fishes like tuna, salmon, sardines, herring and lake trout is very effective. Olive oil, avocados and consumption of monounsaturated oils are good. Canola oil is a rich source of Omega 3 fats. Extra Virgin olive oil is a great source of antioxidant polyphenols like Squalene.
- Consume your supplements of vitamin C daily without fail. It can be taken in the range of 500 – 1000mg. Include 2 Brazil nuts daily and always take prescription drugs and consult your physician regularly.
- Positive approach – Stay positive in all aspects of life. Get engaged in self nurturing activities and mingle with people you like. Make and develop your relationships. Get involved in conversations with family and friends. Get enough sleep because a healthy and positive mind and body together can prevent breast cancer.