A clean and flawless skin is every woman’s dream. A perfect skin adds to the beauty and personality of the person. Healthy diet and exercise are essential for good skin but at the same time, it is important to take care of skin. Skin care should be a daily routine. There are thousands of skin care products available but without knowing the use of each, you should never try them on. It is necessary to understand the basic ways of taking care of skin and therein you can choose what skin care products you require.
The three-prong guide to skin care – hydrate, exfoliate and protect
Once you know how to go about skin care, you can choose appropriate products that can help achieve what your skin needs.
- Hydrating the skin: Drinking water is the best way to hydrate your skin. It is also good for your body and the systems. Limit your intake of aerated drinks and caffeine but have fresh water instead. Hydrating creams should be applied to skin daily so that the skin remains moist all the time.
- Exfoliation: It is the removal of old skin cells which can be done by applying relevant gel or cream once or twice a week.
- Protection: Protecting the skin from harmful rays is the next important thing.
Now let’s take a look at the skin care essential products that you need:
- Cleansers: The basic rule is never go to sleep with your makeup on. At night, clean the skin with warm water and apply cleaners, just a dime-size should be enough. Wash off with clean water. You get different cleansers suitable for different types of skin. While cream cleansers are suitable for dry skin, gels gel with oily skin.
- Exfoliators: You have read about exfoliation above. You get good exfoliators in market which can be used. Get new, glowing skin after exfoliation. Exfoliators containing fruit enzymes work well with sensitive skin though. People with dry skin should exfoliate once in a week while those with oily skin should try to exfoliate at least thrice a week. Ditto for combination skin.
- Moisturizers: This is a must for all types of skin. Choose one with good SPF. You will need a day moisturizer and a night moisturizer. Night creams with essential lipids are good for skin.
- Serums: Different types of serums are available for different skin problems such as acne, anti ageing and so on.
- Eye cream: When it comes to dark circles, and puffiness around eyes, eye cream is the best solution. It will also solve the problem of wrinkles and fine lines around eyes. You should choose an eye cream as per your skin type. For dry skin, balms work better but for oily skin, gel is the one to choose.
- Masks: A good face mask can refresh your skin. Apart from removing dirt from the surface, the mask can also help cleanse the inner layers of the skin as well.
The above are the most essential skin care products that one should have. At the same time, one should also make sure that these products suit their skin. With good skin care essential, perfect and glowing skin is just a few steps away.
Registration is closed.