How to Make Nail Polish at Home
Have you often scouted the market for a shade of nail polish that matches your dress?
Don’t fret. You can make the desired shade of nail polish with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you need:
- Eye shadow – of the desired color
- Sandwich bag
- Small mixing bowl
- Clear nail polish
How to make nail polish at home:
- If your eye shadow is already powdered then you need not do anything. But if is a slab then you need to place it in the sandwich bag and crush it with a heavy object till it becomes a fine powder, without any lumps.
- Cut a tiny hole in the corner of your sandwich bag and put it in the mixing bowl.
- Pour clear nail polish into this powder and mix well using the brush of a thick toothpick.
- Make sure that there aren’t any lumps.
- Add more powder of liquid nail polish to get it to the right consistency.
- Once mixed well, apply to the nails using a brush.
- This homemade nail polish usually comes out with a matte finish, so if you want a glossy shade of nail paint, then you can apply a coat of clear nail polish to your nails. You’ll want to paint your nails fast with this homemade polish as it dries out quickly.
- Homemade nail polish dries out quickly so apply it real fast.
- One important point that you need to note is that cheap clear nail polish does the same work as the expensive ones.
- Adjust the ratio of the polish and eye shadow according to the desired consistency.
So if you have a few jars of unused eye shadow then it’s time to put it to good use.