Car is a valuable asset for everyone and therefore it is utmost important to maintain it both in terms of service and cleanliness. Car is driven to any road and at any speed leaving it all dirty. If you do not take care of its maintenance it might get old and weary before time. With proper cleaning and routinely service the car will be your partner for long term. There are many products available in the market to help you with car cleaning but how to choose them and how to use them so that they work for your advantage is a matter of concern. Listed below are some useful tips on how to clean your car yourself without spending huge amount in service stations.
Tips for cleaning a car:
- Always keep the car out of direct sunlight this applies while cleaning your car too. Direct sunlight while cleaning the car might result into quick drying if any solution applied leaving spots that hard to remove.
- Follow the instruction carefully mentioned on your car shampoo or wax and then use it. Add car shampoo as directed in the water and keep a plain water bucket too alongside.
- Firstly hose off the car to loosen the dirt on the car. It’s important that you check all the windows are properly closed and the wipers are moved off the windshield before hosing off the car.
- Take a large wash mitt or sponge and dip it into the soapy water and rub gently on the car surface to get away with any dirt left starting from the top and moving towards the bottom.
- Make sure you rinse your wash mitt or sponge frequently to remove the dirt from it and continue cleaning.
- Do not clean the car with soapy solution in one go. Put the soapy solution in one part; rinse it and then move on to other part of the car otherwise the soap will dry on the car leaving out stains.
- The dirtiest part of the car is bottom. The wheels, mud guard, bumper etc. get dirty easily. It’s better to take a separate sponge or skinny wheel brush to clean the wheels and other stubborn parts.
- Rinse of the wheels and bottom of the car with spray nozzle at various angles to get the sticky dirt out.
- Wipe off the car with fresh and clean towel. Microfiber towels can be used for best results on any car surface.
- You can also use products available for cleaning the car like wax to clean dry car. You can also apply water-repellant treatment products to clean the windshield and windows. These products are applied to dry glass to repel water from it thus improving visibility.
- To clean the window glasses thoroughly rub the inside and outside of the window with a newspaper dipped in methylated spirit.
All these car cleaning tips will leave your car shiny and new with every wash.