Making chocolate cake from scratch can seem like a daunting task. But there are a few simple instant recipes that can be made in your microwave.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A coffee mug
- Flour – 4 Tbsp.
- Milk – 3 Tbsp.
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 4 Tbsp.
- Cocoa powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Oil – 3 Tbsp.
- Vanilla Essence – A few drops
- Peanut Butter (optional) – 1 Tbsp.
- Chocolate chips (optional) – 2 Tbsp.
Here’s how we make it:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in the coffee mug using a fork. Take great care in smashing out all the lumps.
- Add the egg and whisk thoroughly.
- Mix in the oil, milk and vanilla to the mixture in the cup.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top.
- Place the tablespoon of peanut butter in the center of the batter in the cup, if desired.
- Microwave on high (1000 watts) for 3 minutes, till the cake rises to the top.
- Allow to cool in the mug for a minute or two.
- Eat it warm as it is or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with hot chocolate fudge.
It is alright to treat yourself to sweet treats once in a while. Make this simple molten chocolate mug cake and satisfy your cravings.