How to Get Rid of Scuff Marks From Shoes Using Common Household Items
Do you have a walking style that causes constant scuff marks on your shoes? Do you feel sad to throw away a pair of perfectly good heels just because you’ve got scuff marks on them?From now on you can easily get these scuff marks off your shoes using items found in your house.
- Baking Soda-Make a thick paste of baking soda and water. Apply to the marks and massage onto the shoes. Wipe with a damp cloth and leave to dry.
- Toothpaste-As crazy as this method sounds, it is the most effective. Polish the shoes with toothpaste and a dry cloth. Wipe with damp cloth and leave to dry.
- Vaseline or petroleum jelly-This is a miracle sure for scuffed leather shoes. It will get them to shine like new. Apply the jelly to the affected areas and then polish using a dry cloth. Wipe off with a damp cloth and leave to dry.
- Nail Polish remover-Apply a few drop of nail polish remover to a cotton ball. This removes all the scuff marks. Follow up with a dry cloth wipe using petroleum jelly.
- Eraser-Gently rub the eraser in one direction along the scuff marks. This will help remove the marks.
- Dish washing liquid-This method works on all materials except satin. Mix some dish detergent in water. Dip a cloth in this solution and wipe the marks clean off the shoes. Wipe dry using a cloth.
So give life to those shoes that you were planning to toss away. All you need are some ingredients easily available at all homes and a little bit of rubbing action.