While there are a range of foods that will make one cut years off the look, there exist many, on consumption of which one might feel older. Instead of opting for anti-ageing products, one can actually stop the consumption of such foods that make you look older.
- Sugar-This is the biggest culprit of all. Sugar-filled diet makes one look older. Excess sugar in body attaches to collagen levels. This ultimately makes the skin look inflexible and quite stiff.
- Trans Fats-Just like sugar, trans fats are not good for the skin. They clog the arteries and stiffen the tinier blood vessels. Therefore, they should be avoided at all costs.
- Salt-Higher amount of salt dehydrate the body. This makes one feel fatigued, worn out, and tired. Further, excess levels results in kidney ailments and high blood pressure.
- Coffee-Coffee and other caffeinated products dehydrate the body, just like salt. One should limit their consumption to feel energetic and youthful.
- Candy-Candy and related products have high amount of sugar content in them. They lead to inflammation in body. Excess of consumption even makes the skin old and wrinkled.
- Artificial Sweeteners-Many people switch to artificial sweeteners when asked to avoid sugar. However, they are equally bad. They result in headaches, joint pain, and other problems at times.
- Alcohol-Without any doubt, alcohol is bad for health. It is not good for skin either. It leads to wrinkles, redness, puffiness, and results in loss of collagen.
- Energy Drinks-Consumption of energy drinks ultimately damages the enamel present in the teeth. These are eight times more harmful than the soda. Erosion of enamel makes the teeth look unhealthy and yellow.
- Carbohydrates-Over consumption of carbohydrates might damage the fibers in the skin and even lose the collagen in the body. It should be consumed in limitation.
- Foods-Consumption of fried food breaks down the collagen present in the skin. It ultimately makes the skin look worn out and wrinkled before time.
- Processed Foods-Consumption of high amount of processed food might result in formation of free radicals in the body. It results in wear and tear of the skin
- Soda-Soda has high amount of sugar that dehydrates the body. It makes the skin look fatigued and tired. One needs to switch to fresh water instead of sodas.
- White Wine-White Wine causes dental damage because of the presence of acid in it. It damages the enamel and makes the teeth prone to stains that last for long. One should not brush the teeth immediately after the consumption of white wine.
- Charred Meat-Charred meat contains pro-inflammatory hydrocarbons. It might result in a problem by breaking down the collage present in the skin. One should scrape off the black stuff and even clean the grill, so not to contaminate the next meal.
After knowing all the bad effects of the mentioned food, it is sure that you will revise your food habit. Foods play a pivotal role in making one healthy and keeping one young. Therefore, it is wise to consume them with proper health benefits.