Most of us tend to care only about our faces, as it’s the part of the body that is visible to all. But our body also needs that extra care. Spa treatments at salons are pricey and will definitely burn a hole in your pocket. You actually need not go to a professional spa to pamper your body and instead enjoy them in the comfort of your home.The basic procedure in a spa treatment involves scrubbing, massaging and applying packs. So place a ‘DND’ placard on your door and divert all your calls and head to the kitchen to whip up the following spa treatments. Happy whipping!
The first step is to exfoliate the dead skin, removing the dead skin cells, to make it satin smooth. You start by taking a taking a warm shower, to open up those pores. Then massage olive oil onto your skin for 5 minutes.
Follow this massage with a scrub of any of the following products, concentrating on the elbows, knees and heels:
- Apple Scrub – Equal quantities brown sugar, granulated sugar, apple sauce and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Lemon Sea Scrub – A blend of coconut oil (2 tbsp), honey (2 tbsp), sea salt (half cup), brown sugar (one cup), jasmine oil (1 tbsp) and lemon juice (2tbsp).
- Coffee Scrub – Coffee decoction (1 cup), Sea salt (half cup)
Body Polishing helps in rejuvenating the skin, after it has been cleaned by the process of scrubbing. Polishing moisturizes your skin, giving it a youthful glow. When polishing your skin, the key is to never rub for too long or too hard, rinse off but massage gently in circular motions.
Here are some homemade body polishes that work like a miracle:
- Strawberry Sugar Polish – Mash together a few strawberries with a few teaspoons of almond oil and sugar.
- Aloe Vera and Baking Soda Polish – Make a thick paste of aloe vera gel and baking soda.
- Wheat and Turmeric Polish– Mix together olive oil (1 tsp), wheat flour (1tsp) and turmeric powder (half tsp)
Last but not least apply a body mask, keep it on for a half an hour, till it dries and wash it off.
Few of the most simple and effective body masks include:
- Paste of mashed papaya, orange juice and honey.
- Mashed avocado, egg white and honey blended together till smooth.
- Yogurt and sesame oil.
Soothe your body and soul with these wonderful ingredients found in your kitchen. Indulge!